Followers

Saturday, December 8, 2018



I do a lot of cooking and almost every night I like to try something new. I share a lot of pictures of my food on my Instagram page, so I thought why not share them on my blog.  Although this blog is called Sistah Girl Desserts, I realized that this site shouldn't be limited to just desserts because we love to try different tastes and mixtures, whether sweet or savory.  I love to cook, using new or old recipes and finding new ways to try new epicurean delights.
I saw this sauce on a video and I immediately wanted to try to make it. I had never heard of pickled blueberries before and since I love blueberries, I wanted to try to make something different from what I am used too.
I know how to make a sweet sauce, but I never thought about making blueberries have a savory flavor.
After searching the internet for a good recipe, it seems that everyone makes them different but always with vinegar being the main ingredient. Some say to use white distilled, while others prefer to use different vinegar's. I use many vinegar's, but since this is my first time making this, I used organic apple cider vinegar. Also I discovered that some like to use heat while others just refrigerate overnight. I combined all the ingredients and just refrigerated. 
I decided to  add freshly ground pepper and used sea salt instead of kosher salt. First thing I'm going to do is try this on some lamb chops. I take a pic and let you know if it is a triumph or failure.


 Savory Pickled Blueberries. 

1 C apple cider vinegar
1/4 C organic cane sugar
1 T sea salt
1  tsp pepper
12 oz blueberries  or 2 6 oz containers
1/2 red onion, sliced thinly (optional)

Combine all ingredients. Make sure blueberries are covered with vinegar Give it a shake, than transfer to a glass jar and tighten lid. (I use recycled jars.)  Refrigerate till ready to use.


Pickled Blueberries 





No comments:

Post a Comment